Bikini Perfect: Holiday Essentials

Friday 10 May 2013

Hey everyone, hope you're all well! Seeing as I have a little spare time I thought I'd share with you a little bikini special. Following this post will be a shoe selection as well! I am going on holiday to Tenerife soon and I have already done most my holiday shopping. Here are some of the things I bought as well as a few extra's that I'm loving at the moment!

Mandco Mexicana Frill Bikini



Here is a lovely bikini I bought that would suit all shapes and sizes (in my opinion). It has a nice floral design and a frill decoration to it. I love this bikini, it looks so pretty and I've been looking for bikini bottoms with a frill design! The bikini briefs are a little high waisted and it doesn't accentuate the hips and makes the tummy area appear more flattering which is an added bonus, especially for more curvy girls. This bikini is available in larger sizes as well. Highly recommend this bikini to those who want to wear a bikini but can't find a flattering pair! The bikini top is padded as well. Unfortunately the bikini top and briefs come separately (as many do) and add up to about £30. It is definitely worth the price though! You can get yours at any Mandco store or you can order it online here http://www.mandco.com.


Topshop Ultra Violet Plunge Bikini

This beautiful bikini comes in a flattering violet colour - it is not fluorescent for those who don't like bright colours. The bikini top is underwired which I personally prefer, it comes with a bow design which looks amazing! The bikini bottoms are normal briefs so it would probably look more appealing on a toned body. Sit-ups would definitely be a bonus in this instance! The bikini top is £13 and the briefs are £10. The bikini would look good on most skin-tones so head over to topshop.com to check them out or see them in store.




Topshop Lime Bikini



Another gorgeous bikini from Topshop is this lime coloured triangle bikini top and matching briefs. The colour is very pretty and would look especially good on tan skin. The triangle bikini top means that it is quite revealing and probably not suitable for fuller busts, although it might work on some people! The briefs have a lovely bow knot design. The top is £10 and the bottoms are £6. With the trend of neon colours this would definitely look good this season. Head over to topshop.com to get yours or go in-store to check it out in person :)


Beyonce as Mrs Carter line: H&M yellow bikini

Last but not least out of the bikini selection is this lovely yellow bikini from Beyonce as Mrs Carter for H&M. This bikini has an interesting pattern on it if you look close enough, it looks amazing on tan skin tones as you can see here on Beyonce! I've ordered the bikini top, which is a bargain at £7.99 but the briefs aren't in stock at the moment :( It might be available in-store. What I love about this bikini is the fact that it has a very nice unique shape and pattern, doesn't hurt that Beyonce is endorsing it too! This bikini is also available in other colours. Check out Beyonce as Mrs Carter on hm.com






River Island Cream Fedora Straw Hat
I saw this beautiful fedora hat in store in River Island the other day and fell in love instantly! It looks really cute when worn on (I probably should have taken a picture!) As I was in a rush I didn't purchase this hat but I definitely will if I see it again! It's also available to purchase online at riverisland.com for £16. It's a tad pricey but it does look really pretty.


Boohoo extravaganza! 





Nothing looks better than a maxi/mixi dress on holiday! Here is a selection of my three favourite dresses that I think is essential for a beautiful summer look. 

At the top we have the chiffon butterfly open back maxi dress. This maxi dress is absolutely gorgeous, it comes in a lovely summery cool neutral cream colour with a butterfly pattern all over the dress. The back of the dress isn't too revealing, it has a lovely bow shape to it and looks very flattering. The dress is a little pricey at £30 but could be a good investment for a beautiful dress for your holiday or summer in general. Check out boohoo.com to have a look at all these dresses.

On the top right we have the criss cross cut out chiffon mixi dress. This mixi dress is assymetrical and looks good on people of all heights! I'm only 5ft 4 and this dress isn't too long for me. I bought this dress a while ago so I'm not sure if its still available online but it's definitely worth a look!

On the left we have the large floral slinky maxi dress. This dress is perfect for the beach. It has an all over floral design and a bandeau cut. It comes up a little long so is probably more suitable for taller people. It is still beautiful nevertheless.



The most important thing to remember when in the sun or going on holiday is SPF protection! I use BareMinerals SPF30 Natural Sunscreen. This comes in a light powder formula which is perfect for those who don't like heavy greasy sunscreen! It costs around £21.99 and is definitely worth the price. I bought mine in a medium as the colours do run quite dark. This sunscreen has SPF 30 which is perfect for holidays, it also acts as a light foundation which is an added bonus. It's small in size which makes it perfect for handbags and re-application whilst outside.





I also use MAC's prep & prime SPF 50 face protect visage which acts as a really good face primer for make-up. I also find this evens out the skin tone and provides the skin with a healthy glow. The SPF 50 is also really good if you're going to spend a lot of time in the sun! It costs £22.50 at the moment but it is definitely worth every penny! Buy yours at any MAC store or online at maccosmetics.co.uk



I hope this post was helpful, I will do a shoe + handbag frenzy to follow very soon. If you have any questions or enjoyed reading this blog then please comment bellow! Thank you so much for reading! :)






















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner