Late April Favourites - I'm back!

Thursday 9 May 2013

Hey guys!

I've finally gotten round to writing on my blog! It's been a busy few months with university assignments and my dissertation. Fortunately all that is out of the way and I can tell you it wasn't an easy time! I graduate in July and won't ever have to study again! *does happy dance* 


So I'm going to begin this post with a very late April favourites!

The last month or so I decided to try out the ombre look and it turned out awful! (which was my fault). I kept bleaching my hair and as a result patches off the ends were falling out so I had to get most of it cut off. Doing ombre yourself usually works out just fine, just don't over-process it, take it slow. Don't rush especially if you have very dark hair like I do!

So as a result of all the over-processing, dying and bleaching I've had to invest in a number of different haircare products. Here are the ones I have found to be most effective:






Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque



I've been using this hair treatment weekly and it has made a difference to the condition of my hair; I've noticed my hair is a lot more tameable and silky smooth! I usually leave it on over-night for it to have a more powerful effect on my hair (as I need it!). The smell is heavenly, one of the most blissful smelling hair products I have come across. I purchased this hair masque treatment from cheapsmells.com, it's available at a lot of online stores so make sure you check it out.

Macadamia Leave-in Cream



Next we have another Macadamia hair product that I bought in conjunction to the hair masque. This is a leave in conditioner which comes in a creamy format. Usually I don't like the idea of putting cream in my hair but this certainly is an exception! Not only does it smell lovely, it also makes my hair more manageable and soft. These days when I wash my hair I notice that my hair (especially the ends) are very dry, crispy and breaks off easily, whereas this product helps to make my hair strands more strong. It also helps to make it look shiny and feel healthy. An added bonus for this product is that it has a dispenser, so it's very easy to get the product out in a hygienic fashion. This is definitely a product that you should try out if you have dry/damaged hair.

Sexy Hair Healthy Soy Tri Wheat Leave In Conditioner




I bought this leave in conditioner while it was on sale on beautybay.com, I thought it would be beneficial for my hair as it contains a lot of natural ingredients and has a very mild formula. This leave-in conditioner is suitable for everyday use. It helps to detangle knots and is suitable for all hair types. It also protects hair from thermal and environmental damage so it is convenient to take on holiday. I have noticed that less hair falls out when I comb through my hair when using this gorgeous smelling conditioner, highly recommend this to those who suffer from vigorous knots!


Aussie 3 Minute Miracle





I have been using this conditioner for a while now but I thought I should tell you guys how amazing it is! Not only does it smell absolutely amazing, it also works wonders on my damaged hair. I leave it on for 3 minutes after shampooing my hair and it really does make a difference. Everyone should condition their hair through at least the mid-lengths and ends as it helps to keep the hair moisturised and in good condition. Even if you have oily hair you should use a conditioner! Just like you use a moisturiser on your face, there is a conditioner out there to suit your hair! Apply on damp hair and wash out as you would with a shampoo. For people with damaged or dry hair you should seriously try out this Aussie 3 minute miracle. :)

The Original Detangling brush (Tangle-teezer)



I have heard rave reviews about this hair brush and how different it is to the regular hair brush so I thought I'd invest in one myself. This hair brush certainly works wonders - I am absolutely thrilled with the results! This hair brush is perfect for tangled knotty hair, it brushes through with minimal hair breakage and provides your hair with tangle-free strands! It is a little pricey for a hair brush but if you have long knotty hair I definitely recommend you try this out. I bought mine from amazon.co.uk (it was around £7) but I think the price has gone up a little since then. You can also head into boots who also sell this hairbrush or asos.com and many other hair and beauty stores.


I hope these hair product reviews have proved to be helpful. I have bought a few other products that I haven't tried out yet but I'll definitely review them once I have! Sorry again for being absent for so long but I am back now! Will do a holiday essentials and shoe + handbag frenzy special soon so keep an eye out for that. Thank you so much for reading my blog!












No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner