Rimmel London Wake Me Up Liquid Foundation - Natural Beige Review

Thursday 19 December 2013

Hey guys!

So as I mentioned in my last post I purchased Rimmel's Wake me up foundation in 'Natural Beige' #400 to review for you guys.



Lets start off with the packaging - the packaging looks quite expensive which is great, plus it has an orange lid which instantly grabs your attention when you see it. It's in a glass container, which is better than plastic as it's more travel friendly and less likely to break.



The foundation contains 30ml of product and unfortunately it only comes in 6 different shades. This is one reason on a long list of why I didn't particularly like this product. The shade I got was in the darkest shade #400 #Natural Beige' which I found had too many pink undertones and was way too beige for my skin tone. 




I have yellow/golden undertones so this product is probably not suitable for people with a similar undertone as me. The finish is dewy, but I didn't really feel like it gave me a dewy finish. The finish on me looked kind of shiny and the shimmer particles it's meant to have weren't so noticeable. I also felt this foundation enhanced my imperfections which was quite awful! I just don't think this foundation is suitable for darker skin tones unfortunately, which is quite disappointing. It also tends to leave a white cast when using flash photography.




Here's a not so pleasant photo of me with the Rimmel wake me up foundation in #400. No powder, concealer or anything else, just the foundation.

Overall, I think this foundation would look gorgeous on fair-light skin tones and it is very inexpensive at £8.99. High street stores like Superdrug and Boots regularly do discounts on this particular line - I got mine for £6.00 on the Superdrug website, keep a look out for special offers!

Do you own this foundation? What were your initial thoughts? Leave comments below :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner