May Favourites

Friday 6 June 2014

Hey everyone!

Welcome back to my new and improved blog. I've had a few changes in the design and layout as I wanted my blog to look more sleek and elegant. Hope you like it!




The past few weeks have been hectic as I've been attending many weddings, engagements and receptions. It is wedding season after all! So this blog post is a little delayed. Nevertheless, lets get started shall we?

MAC Pearlglide Intense Eye Liners: Designer Purple & Petrol Blue


I bought these Pearlglide intense eye liners from MAC in the colours Designer purple and Petrol blue and I have to say, it's probably the best glitter eye liners I have ever used. The formula is so smooth and creamy and it glides on the skin so flawlessly. I used the petrol blue eye liner recently all over the eyes and it looked amazing - they do dry up pretty fast once applied so you do have to blend it out fast. I was going to purchase the pressed pigments but decided on these instead as I preferred the overall look of it.

Sephora Cream Lip Stains: Always Red & Strawberry Kissed



These are honestly the best lip stains I have ever tried, the photo's don't do them any justice! They are fully pigmented and long lasting and come in a range of beautiful colours. Always red is a true classic red colour that will compliment almost any skin tone, especially asian skin tones in my opinion. Strawberry kissed is more of a pink with red undertones. It is such a flattering bold colour and would look amazing with minimal make-up and mascara! The lip stains have a velvety matte finish. I find myself reaching for these a lot lately and I can't recommend them enough.

Revlon Colorstay Foundation #360 Golden Caramel



I don't know where to even start with this foundation - it is hands down the best drugstore/high street foundation I have ever tried. This Revlon colorstay foundation has definitely made the holy grail list. It is quite similar to MAC's studio fix fluid (which I have in NC42 for reference), only a little thinner and more natural for everyday use. It has a natural matte finish and they come in a range of different colours so there's one to suit everybody. These foundations also come in 2 different formulas; Normal/dry and Combination/Oily which I think is bloody brilliant! I have combination skin and find this foundation lasts about 8 hours which is perfect when you're on the go, at work or going on a night out. I bought mine online as they don't offer my shade in the UK unfortunately.

MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Soft Ochre




This is a nice little paint pot by MAC to prime your eyelids before make up. Soft Ochre is a lovely light yellow based nude. I like to use this when I want to wear lighter shades of eye shadows as it makes the colours pop. It lasts all day and does tend to crease a little bit but nothing too noticeable. Either way I love this product! :)

Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick - Almond


  
After receiving this beauty from my little sister on my birthday, I've been using it religiously ever since. It is none other than the foundation stick by Bobbi Brown. It is great for contouring. I got this in a few shades darker than my skin tone and find it suits me perfectly to create shadows in the face.

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer



After hearing rave reviews about this primer in the blogosphere, I thought it was about time I tried it out for myself, and boy did it live up to my expectations! This primer forms a great base for foundation and lasts for hours. I used to use Benefits Porefessional primer but I didn't really like it. I know, shocking. I just find it didn't last well on my skin. However, this primer by Smashbox is definitely one of the best I've tried and is my favourite this month!

Charles Worthington Texturising Spray



Firstly, apologies for the bad quality photo! This texturising spray by Charles Worthington instantly creates bigger hair, I kid you not. If you're looking for more volume and texture, I definitely recommend trying this out. I've used this for the past month and it makes dull hair look more appealing and bold, it's been a life saver!

Batiste Pixie Lott Dry Shampoo



As soon as I heard Pixie Lott joined the Batiste bandwagon, I had to try out her dry shampoo! As with all batiste dry shampoos, this instantly refreshes greasy hair in between washes. This also has a lovely floral scent.

Olay Complete Care Day Fluid SPF 15



I ADORE this moisturiser so so much. It has reached holy grail status in a matter of days. Not only does it provide amazing hydration to the face, it contains SPF 15 which is vital for everyday wear. It also doesn't create a white cast in photos and it has a non-greasy formula. The fluid is light on the face as well so it doesn't feel like you have SPF at all. It also smells amazing. Highly recommend this product to anyone! 

Vaseline Spray and Go Body Moisturiser - Aloe Fresh



I am quite the lazy person at the best of times and this body moisturiser definitely caters for that lazy part of me! It is quick and easy to apply and absorbs into the skin instantly. It is also easy to use for top ups if you feel your skin needs extra hydration during the day. I got this in Aloe fresh, which I think is my favourite scent out of the ones available.

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs Lotion 




This 'make up for legs' lotion by Sally Hansen instantly makes your legs look gorgeous upon application. I find this lotion is more matte than the spray version of the product, and I personally prefer the lotion over the spray, mainly because it's less messy and easier to apply. Sally Hansen's airbrush legs are hands down the best tanning/leg make up products on the market in my opinion. These come in 4 different shades and mine is in the shade medium, which is a touch darker than my skin tone but it still makes my legs look super lush! Highly recommend.


So there you have my May favourites! This blog post turned out to be a little more long and in-depth than I expected but I hope you enjoyed reading it. What were your favourites from May? Do we share the same favourites? Let me know in the comments section below!



3 comments:

  1. Lovely bunch of favourites! I must try the vaseline moisturiser! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Deffo try the Vaseline moisturiser, it will change your life! haha xx

      Delete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner