Looking for your dream job

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Hey everyone,

Today I bring you with a slightly different post than usual. As some of you may know, I had been unemployed for a year and a half after graduating from university, and during this time I would undertake a number of work experience placements and internships to gain experience in the field that I dreamt of getting employed into one day; Showbiz Journalism.

It's been almost 2 years since I graduated uni and I still haven't reached my goal. As some of you who may have been in a similar situation will know, getting a job in Journalism can be extremely difficult. I have quite a few well known companies under my belt but that doesn't seem to be enough. Do I give up? Or do I keep trying? Thats the question. It's come to that time where I am thinking realistically if this is a career that's worth fighting for. I am 24 years old and I am stuck in a dead-end retail job that I do not see a future in.

Although I enjoy blogging and creating YouTube videos, I don't earn any income from it - which is fine as I don't do it for that reason, but it's not enough to fulfill my creative energies and career goals.

This post doesn't really have a purpose, but I want to let you guys know that you are not the only ones dealing with the hardships of not getting a foot into the door of your chosen career path.

I also feel like the constant rejection has numbed my passion for my career.

I don't really have any words of wisdom or advice that will help. As they say, everything happens for a reason but I am starting to doubt that. I have applied for thousands of other media related jobs as well without any luck.

Let me know below of any tips you may have in this instance. Sorry for the really depressing tone of this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner