L'Oreal True Match Foundation - W6.5 Golden Caramel

Monday 16 November 2015

Hey everyone,

It's been a minute since I have done a review on my blog but today I am doing a foundation review on the newly reformulated L'Oreal True Match Foundation.



I wasn't too sure on what shade I'd be as I had struggled with the old formula shades. W7 was a bit dark and the next shade up was too light. However, I saw there was a w6.5 shade and I naturally thought it would be a shade in between so I was excited to try it. 

It turned out the shade was a bit dark for me, even slightly darker than w7 which meant I had to do a lot of highlighting but I'm going to give you guys my honest thoughts on the new reformulated foundation.

Packaging

The packaging is more sleek, thinner and looks more appealing. It still comes with a pump - which to me is the most important factor at the end of my day, in terms of packaging. Its in a plastic bottle similar to the original packaging and has the usual 30ml of product.

Coverage

I was hoping the new formula meant that it wouldn't sag into my pores and have a more flawless coverage, however, though the new formula is a lot lighter on the skin, it is also a lot more dewy -  which my oily skin really doesn't agree with. It doesn't really cover much on my skin, even though my skin is in pretty good condition right now. I would say it gives a light coverage that can possibly be built up to medium with more layers. 

Price

The price is about the same for all drugstore/high street foundations. The introductory price was £7.99 and the typical price is £9.99. 


Heres me with the foundation on
















Overall, I didn't particularly enjoy this foundation so I gave it to my sister who has dry skin and she really likes it. If you're unsure about this foundation I'd recommend trying it on in-store - as difficult as it may be - just so you know what sort of foundation it really is.

I hope you found this review helpful. Let me know if you'd like to see any more foundation reviews on my blog and my YouTube channel. Thanks for reading!



2 comments:

  1. Good review...it's so hard to find a decent foundation for Asian skin tones! I find Maybelline are a good drugstore brand.. I've got their Satin Liquid foundation, matched really well and you don't get the dreaded grey effect in photos.

    – Lubna | The Digital Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I might have to give that a try! I use the Maybelline dream flawless nude foundation and I really like that one x

      Delete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner