Barry M Matte Me Up Liquid Lip Paints Review

Saturday, 11 March 2017

Hey everyone,

I'm back! I got a new camera which I am completely obsessed with and hoping to get more fashion posts done in the near future. Today I am doing a review on the new matte me up liquid lip paints by Barry M. Barry M is one of the best high street beauty brands in my opinion. I love their lip liners, lipsticks and nail paints, so I was super excited when they announced they were going to join the trend of liquid lipsticks and couldn't wait to try some of them out.




They have 5 staple shades available: Embellish (a deep purple), Paparazzi (a cherry red), Pop up (a strawberry red), Minimalist (light pinky nude) and On the Scene (medium peachy nude). They also have 3 lip kits which come with a lip paint and lip liner in Go to Nude, Pose Pink and Runway Berry.
From left to right: Pop Up, Paparazzi, Minimalist & On the Scene

The shades I picked up were Paparazzi, Pop up, Minimalist and On the Scene - which I got 2 of to give one to my sister. They currently retail for £4.99 each however, Superdrug had a special offer on their website where you could buy 5 for £15 and get a free contour kit which I thought was a nice deal.
                                                                          On the Scene, Minimalist, Pop up & Paparazzi

The liquid lip paints come in a gorgeous travel friendly plastic casing with a standard doe-foot applicator.




They have a non-drying formula and they apply super light and liquidy; they do take a while to dry so you have plenty of time to get a nice even coverage on the lips. The finish is super matte and kiss-proof and does not flake or peel throughout wear or if you want to top up. 

I am very impressed with these lip paints! I would say they are on par with high end liquid lipsticks. They are extremely long lasting, opaque and have a nice subtle vanilla scent to them. They are very comparable to the Kylie Jenner liquid lipsticks and for the price point, I would definitely say these are better.

wearing 'on the scene' liquid matte lip paint

I haven't got round to using all the shades but I will update this post as and when I do. So far, my favourites are On the Scene and Pop up. I love On the Scene because it's an everyday nude for my skintone (for reference, I am an NC42 in MAC). If you're paler, this will probably look more like a nude brown which is equally beautiful. 

I would definitely check out Superdrug if you are interested in purchasing one of these amazing liquid lip paints! They always have offers on so it's worth checking out the website.

2 comments:

  1. I'm liking the nude shades, especially as I have a similar skin tone to you (I'm an NC42 as well) and they really suit you. Can't go wrong for a fiver too :).

    - Lubna | The Digital Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are literally the best liquid lipsticks on the market! Can't wait to get more shades.

      Delete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner